Subject: Re: bug#79145: 31.0.50; doc-view-mode with auto-revert-mode emitting message when it shouldn't

From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2025 07:03:53 +0200

"Tassilo Horn" <[email-masked]> writes:

>> But it was you yourself who claimed that the problem is more general
>> than just the above.  Did you now change your mind?  Or what did I
>> miss?
>
> Jake's clarification in which he told that especially the
> advertisement of the doc-view specific key-binding is the actual
> problem which makes it much worse than the dired example I came up
> with.

I've fixed that now on master by binding inhibit-message when the
document buffer is not shown in the selected window so that the message
isn't shown in the echo area but still logged to *Messages*.

I'm not 100% sure if "buffer isn't shown in the selected window" or
"buffer isn't shown at all in the selected frame" is the better
criterion.  What are your opinions?

Bye,
Tassilo