Subject: bug#79136: [PATCH] Inhibit warning for missing lexbind cookie in kkc init file

From: Sean Devlin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2025 13:21:07 -0500

Hi folks,

This change is to suppress a warning for a missing lexical-binding
cookie in the kkcrc file used by the Japanese input method. Emacs
generates this file, and AFAICT it is not meant to be edited by users.

To reproduce the warning:

1. mkdir /tmp/emacs-kkcrc
2. HOME=/tmp/emacs-kkcrc emacs
3. q                            > Dismiss the start screen
4. C-\ japanese RET
5. nihongo SPC RET              > Enter some Japanese text
6. C-x C-c
7. Repeat steps 2-5

On the second iteration of step 5, you should seen a warning message
when Emacs loads the kkcrc file.

I looked at how this was handled elsewhere and made the attached patch.

Please let me know if anything else is required.

Thanks!

In GNU Emacs 31.0.50 (build 1, aarch64-apple-darwin24.6.0, NS
appkit-2575.70 Version 15.6 (Build 24G5065c)) of 2025-07-16 built on
beatrix.local
Repository revision: 087a11d1372d02bd45c1efbcf2fc7e5a98ddf1e5
Repository branch: spd-igc
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2575
System Description:  macOS 15.6

Configured using:
'configure --with-ns --with-modules --with-native-compilation
--with-libgmp --with-tree-sitter --with-sqlite3 --with-mps=yes
--without-imagemagick --without-dbus CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/homebrew/include
LDFLAGS=-L/opt/homebrew/lib PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/opt/homebrew/lib/pkgconfig
ac_cv_func_posix_spawn_file_actions_addchdir=no'