Subject: [bug#79135] [PATCH] gnu: procmail: Fix build with gcc-14.

From: Tomas Volf <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2025 17:41:20 +0200

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Enge <[email-masked]> writes:

> thanks for the patch! Could you add a comment as to where it comes from?
> Or did you create it yourself? Maybe then this could also be a comment
> at the top of the file...

Since the patch already has From and Signed-off-by, I did not realize it
necessary, but sure, can do.  I took the patch from the link ArneBab
provided in the issue you have linked below and made few additions to
get it to actually compile in Guix, but those are minor enough to not
warrant copyright for me.

Where should that comment go?  Into the package definition
(gnu/packages/mail.scm) or into the patch itself?

> At https://codeberg.org/guix/guix/issues/1671 I ask the question whether
> there is a new "official" release; would you have an answer to that?

Sadly I have no answer here.

Tomas

-- 
There are only two hard things in Computer Science:
cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.