Subject: Re: bug#79131: 31.0.50; igc: nested signal, SIGSEGV

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2025 19:01:24 +0300

> Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2025 15:47:43 +0000
> From: Pip Cet <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Óscar Fuentes <[email-masked]>, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, Yuan Fu <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
> 
> Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > Pip Cet <[email-masked]> writes:
> >
> >> But I'll wait for others to weigh in; maybe my theory is obviously
> >> incorrect.
> >
> > I think the memq thing is definitely a bug.
> 
> Unfortunately, while Fmemq and Fassq are easy to fix, Fget can also quit
> (if overriding-plist-environment is in use), and that's used in a few
> places here.  Do we need get_no_quit?

Maybe we should inhibit_igc instead (if we don't already)?  Otherwise,
we'd need to have those _no_quit thingies all over the place.  That
way lies madness, IMNSHO.  One cannot expect realistically the Emacs
Lisp machine top be in interruptible state at all times.  Even if we
could, who will enforce all those tricky subtleties, when most of our
patches are not even reviewed seriously?