Subject: [PATCH] build-system: emacs: Fix getting package dependencies.

From: Ilya Chernyshov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2025 15:30:23 +0000

Hi. `ensure-package-description' procedure from emacs-build-system.scm
contains an undefined elisp function `package--prepare-dependencies'. It
was replaced with `lm--prepare-package-dependencies' after 29.1 release.
You can see the changes here:
https://cgit.git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?id=bb5399e3cd75450db6db9b3c5829f7bd87ca1308
From 91d5af8e8883a15601f2a6c1e7c21fba704d1cef Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Ilya Chernyshov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2025 19:45:32 +0500
Subject: [PATCH] build-system: emacs: Fix getting package dependencies.

* guix/build/emacs-build-system (ensure-package-description): Use
lm-package-requires to get package dependencies.
---
 guix/build/emacs-build-system.scm | 6 +-----
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 5 deletions(-)

diff --git a/guix/build/emacs-build-system.scm b/guix/build/emacs-build-system.scm
index ffa6d3cbb0..b7f31c7fee 100644
--- a/guix/build/emacs-build-system.scm
+++ b/guix/build/emacs-build-system.scm
@@ -193,11 +193,7 @@ (define %write-pkg-file-form
                 (and (re-search-forward ,summary-regexp nil t)
                      (match-string-no-properties 1)))
                package--default-summary)
-           (let ((require-lines (lm-header-multiline "package-requires")))
-             (and require-lines
-                  (package--prepare-dependencies
-                   (package-read-from-string
-                    (mapconcat 'identity require-lines " ")))))
+           (lm-package-requires)
            :kind       'single
            :url        (lm-homepage)
            :keywords   (lm-keywords-list)
-- 
2.49.0