Subject: Re: [bug#79129] [PATCH] build-system: emacs: Fix getting package dependencies.

From: Nicolas Graves <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2025 08:34:26 +0200

On 2025-08-01 17:34, Andreas Enge wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Am Thu, Jul 31, 2025 at 05:41:04PM +0200 schrieb Nicolas Graves:
>> @Enge could we for instance drop the reproducibility patch on
>> emacs-team (which I can build locally without issues, but CI doesn't
>> seem to like it too much), and take precedence over "update" branches.
>> I feel it's very bad for user experience to have those errors hanging,
>> and emacs packages are mostly light and not that numerous, so it
>> shouldn't be too high of a cost on CI.
>
> one solution would be to somehow extract fixes out of the emacs-team
> branch and to apply them to master. I do not know whether this is
> possible depending on the scope of the changes.

There are very little patches, a couple of them only. The scope of
affected packages is: 1673 for emacs-minimal, 38 for emacs-no-x, 98 for
emacs.

The scope is big for a master push, but most of these packages are
light, it has nothing to do with pushing such changes with heavy C/C++
packages.

-- 
Best regards,
Nicolas Graves