Subject: bug#79112: 30.1.90; gnus: hash table data length is odd

From: Christopher Howard <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2025 06:12:53 -0800

Hello, today when I started gnus, I am getting these errors with some of my nnatom groups:

Warning: Unable to open server nnatom+guix.gnu.org/feeds/blog.atom due to: Hash table data length is odd; Unable to open server nnatom+themkat.net/feed.xml due to: Hash table data length is odd; Unable to open server nnatom+bluehome.net/csh/feed.xml due to: Hash table data length is odd; Unable to open server nnatom+www.reddit.com/user/emacsnews/upvoted.rss due to: Hash table data length is odd; Unable to open server nnatom+planet.emacslife.com/atom.xml due to: Hash table data length is odd

The errors persists if I restart Emacs. Does anybody know what is going on, or how to fix it?

I say "errors" but it does not actually trigger the debugger even though debug-on-error is t.

In GNU Emacs 30.1.90 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.43, cairo version 1.18.4) of 2025-06-23 built on theoden
Repository revision: a2bfce5d2a7d046a45c25364f3c69b3d8a776081
Repository branch: emacs-30
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12401006
System Description: Guix System

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/christopher/local'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER
PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $EMACSLOADPATH: /home/christopher/local/share/emacs/30.1.90/lisp
  value of $EMACSNATIVELOADPATH: /home/christopher/.guix-home/profile/lib/emacs/native-site-lisp:/home/christopher/.guix-home/profile/lib/emacs/native-site-lisp:/home/christopher/.guix-home/profile/lib/emacs/native-site-lisp:/home/christopher/.guix-home/profile/lib/emacs/native-site-lisp
  value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Messages

Minor modes in effect:
  override-global-mode: t
  ready-player-mode: t
  repeat-mode: t
  pdf-occur-global-minor-mode: t
  engine-mode: t
  rcirc-track-minor-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  helm-mode: t
  helm-minibuffer-history-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  global-display-line-numbers-mode: t
  display-line-numbers-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/christopher/.emacs.d/elpa/helm-4.0.4/helm-packages hides /home/christopher/.emacs.d/elpa/helm-core-4.0.4/helm-packages
/home/christopher/.emacs.d/elpa/helm-4.0.4/helm-x-icons hides /home/christopher/.emacs.d/elpa/helm-core-4.0.4/helm-x-icons
/home/christopher/.emacs.d/elpa/magit-4.3.6/magit-dired hides /home/christopher/.emacs.d/elpa/magit-section-4.3.6/magit-dired
/home/christopher/.emacs.d/elpa/magit-4.3.6/magit-autorevert hides /home/christopher/.emacs.d/elpa/magit-section-4.3.6/magit-autorevert
/home/christopher/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-0.9.2/transient hides /home/christopher/local/share/emacs/30.1.90/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow sort bbdb-message flyspell ispell face-remap mail-extr emacsbug
mm-archive nndraft nnmh nnatom nnfeed nnrss mm-url nnfolder utf-7
bbdb-gnus bbdb-mua bbdb-com network-stream gnus-agent gnus-srvr
gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view
mml-smime smime gnutls dig nntp gnus-cache mule-util tramp-archive
tramp-gvfs helm-command helm-elisp helm-eval edebug debug backtrace
helm-info use-package-bind-key bind-key gemini-mode time-stamp vundo
mastodon mastodon-transient tp mastodon-search mastodon-widget
mastodon-tl url-cache mastodon-toot facemenu mastodon-iso persist
mastodon-http math-preview s dash calc calc-loaddefs calc-macs
ready-player repeat transducers p-search-x-pdfinfo
p-search-x-package-list p-search-x-info p-search-x-filesplit
p-search-x-elisp p-search-x-denote p-search-x-bibtex p-search
p-search-query p-search-transient project heap generator cl debbugs-gnu
debbugs soap-client url-http url-auth url-gw nsm warnings rng-xsd rng-dt
rng-util xsd-regexp debbugs-compat bookmark+ bookmark+-key dired-x
bookmark+-1 gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg dom gnus-group
gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus xml gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail
mail-source utf7 nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus
nnheader range bookmark+-bmu org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table
ob-exp org-macro org-src sh-script smie treesit executable ob-comint
org-pcomplete org-list org-footnote org-faces org-entities noutline
outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-cycle org-table ol
org-fold org-fold-core org-keys oc org-loaddefs thingatpt cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs org-compat org-macs bookmark+-lit bookmark+-mac
uniline rect hydra lv pdf-occur ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs
tablist advice tablist-filter semantic/wisent/comp semantic/wisent
semantic/wisent/wisent semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic
semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local find-func cedet
pdf-isearch let-alist pdf-misc pdf-tools compile cus-edit wid-edit
pdf-view magit-bookmark bookmark jka-compr pdf-cache pdf-info tq
pdf-util pdf-macs engine-mode annotate rcirc bbdb bbdb-site timezone
printing ps-print ps-print-loaddefs lpr esh-ext esh-proc esh-opt esh-io
esh-arg esh-module esh-module-loaddefs esh-util magit-submodule
magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull
magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence
magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge magit-branch
magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit magit-repos
magit-apply magit-wip magit-log which-func imenu magit-diff smerge-mode
diff diff-mode track-changes git-commit log-edit message sendmail
yank-media puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config
gnus-util text-property-search mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr mailabbrev
mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader pcvs-util add-log magit-core
magit-autorevert autorevert magit-margin magit-transient magit-process
with-editor magit-mode transient pp benchmark magit-git magit-base
magit-section cursor-sensor crm llama compat server helm-mode helm-misc
helm-files image-dired image-dired-tags image-dired-external
image-dired-util image-mode dired dired-loaddefs exif filenotify tramp
rx trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-message tramp-compat xdg
shell pcomplete comint ansi-osc parse-time iso8601 time-date
tramp-loaddefs helm-buffers helm-x-icons helm-occur helm-tags
helm-locate helm-grep helm-regexp format-spec ansi-color helm-utils
helm-help helm-types helm helm-global-bindings helm-easymenu edmacro
kmacro helm-core easy-mmode helm-source helm-multi-match helm-lib async
cl-extra help-mode use-package-ensure use-package-core
green-phosphor-theme winner ring mb-depth display-line-numbers cus-load
finder-inf annotate-autoloads bbdb-autoloads dash-autoloads
engine-mode-autoloads helm-autoloads helm-core-autoloads async-autoloads
hydra-autoloads lv-autoloads magit-autoloads pcase
magit-section-autoloads llama-autoloads mastodon-autoloads
pdf-tools-autoloads persist-autoloads tablist-autoloads tp-autoloads
transient-autoloads vundo-autoloads wfnames-autoloads info
with-editor-autoloads package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs icons password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt
gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl
tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
touch-screen tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list
replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar
menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer
nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty move-toolbar
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 686417 76758) (symbols 48 49356 4)
 (strings 32 171050 6208) (string-bytes 1 5202590) (vectors 16 80504)
 (vector-slots 8 724271 24429) (floats 8 1141 661)
 (intervals 56 1170 251) (buffers 992 27))

-- 
📛 Christopher Howard
🚀 gemini://gem.librehacker.com
🌐 http://gem.librehacker.com

בראשית ברא אלהים את השמים ואת הארץ