Subject: bug#7911: closed (Re: bug#7911: 24.0.50; Please let icalendar.el export fancy diary entries to .ics files)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2014 18:04:04 +0000

Your bug report

#7911: 24.0.50; Please let icalendar.el export fancy diary entries to .ics files

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
7911: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=7911
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#7911: 24.0.50; Please let icalendar.el export fancy diary entries to .ics files
From: Ulf Jasper <[email-masked]>
To: robsonhill <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2014 20:03:44 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Ulf Jasper <[email-masked]> writes:

> robsonhill <[email-masked]> writes:
>> When fancy diary display is on, sexp diary entries cause special info
>> to show up in the diary.  For example, these entries call predefined
>> Emacs functions that make useful info to members of certain religions
>> show up in the diary display:  %%(diary-sunrise-sunset),
>> %%(diary-lunar-phases), %%(diary-islamic-date), and
>> %%(diary-hebrew-sabbath-candles).
>>
>> I would like icalendar.el to export such diary entries as iCalendar
>> events please.
>
> Thanks for explaining. This seems quite reasonable -- I will have a look.

"Fancy" sexp diary entries will now be enumerated over a period of time,
generating one iCalendar entry for each matching day.  The variables
`icalendar-export-sexp-enumeration-days' and
`icalendar-export-sexp-enumerate-all' have been introduced for
controlling this.

Entries like `diary-hebrew-date' which have been ignored before will now
be enumerated so that there appears one iCalendar event per day showing
the current hebrew date.

Other entries like `diary-anniversary' will be converted to "proper"
recurring iCalendar events just like before.  However, enumeration can
be forced with `icalendar-export-sexp-enumerate-all'.

Fixed in the trunk, rev. 117682.

Subject: 24.0.50; Please let icalendar.el export fancy diary entries to .ics files
From: robsonhill <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 18:26:40 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

X-Debbugs-CC: [email-masked]
Version: 24.0.50
Severity: wishlist

Hi,

Thanks for writing and maintaining icalendar.el.  It would be great if
icalendar.el could export fancy diary entries to .ics files.  That way
I could use Emacs to export a Jewish calendar to my smartphone.

(I know that Ulrich Greve's Jewish-calendar data export program can do
this already.  But it's missing a few features I need, the source code
is unavailable, and Mr. Greve hasn't replied to my email.)

Thanks in advance,
--robsonhill