Subject: bug#79106: [PATCH] Add new optional keywords to use-package

From: Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2025 14:26:57 +0000

Elijah Gabe Pérez <[email-masked]> writes:

> John Wiegley <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> [...]
>
>>> John, would you please chime in and tel what you think about this?
>>
>> Personally, I think that “extra” features shouldn’t be in Core, but rather in
>> ELPA. What’s in core should either be what is vital, or what is likely to be
>> used by the majority of users. Many of the keywords in this submission do not
>> satisfy either criteria.
>
> I agree.
>
> Then I think it would be better to move use-package-x to ELPA.

Right, this was the initial judgement as well, but Eli recommended
adding the new functionality to the core.  To be clear, this is my
preference as well, but I don't want to override Eli's wishes, so I'd
like to ask Eli: Do you still maintain that we should add (whatever
subseteq of features we decide on) to the core, or is it OK to add them
as a package to ELPA?

[...]

-- 
Philip Kaludercic