Subject: bug#79106: [PATCH] Add new optional keywords to use-package

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2025 17:38:42 +0300

> From: Elijah Gabe Pérez <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Stéphane Marks <[email-masked]>,  Karthik
>  Chikmagalur
>  <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked], John Wiegley
>  <[email-masked]>
> Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2025 17:08:32 -0600
> 
> Since this discussion (and the emacs-devel discussion) doesn't seem to
> be leading to any solution (besides the divided opinions), my solution i
> can think of would be to make the keywords that may be considered useful
> (I'm not sure which ones) part of use-package, and leave the rest in
> ELPA (or in NonGNU) in a single package.
> 
> Of course, this package was not intended to be part of use-package, just
> an **optional** thing that i wanted to have.

>From my POV, we can install these changes in core, assuming that you
can post a patch that incorporates the relevant parts of the
discussions.

Please also rename the new files such that they don't include the
"-x-" part.  That is, instead of, e.g., use-package-x-advice.el add a
file use-package-advice.el.  Also, please put them inside
lisp/use-package/, not in its subdirectory.

Thanks.