Subject: bug#79102: 31.0.50; nsterm.m: clearRect undeclared

From: Harald <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2025 13:58:00 +0200

By building the Nextstep port I am getting the following error:
  GEN      globals.h
  CC       nsterm.o
nsterm.m:3058:40: error: use of undeclared identifier 'clearRect'
 3058 |   if (!p->overlay_p && !NSIsEmptyRect (clearRect))
      |                                        ^
nsterm.m:3063:19: error: use of undeclared identifier 'clearRect'
 3063 |       NSRectFill (clearRect);
      |                   ^
2 errors generated.
make: *** [nsterm.o] Error 1

!!! The previous version worked fine !!!

In GNU Emacs 31.0.50 (build 1, aarch64-apple-darwin24.5.0, NS
 appkit-2575.60 Version 15.5 (Build 24F74)) of 2025-07-26 built on rhea
Repository revision: 6e64e0bd26b6c0f1c4e90c9bc0df37a2a9ac72da
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2575
System Description:  macOS 15.5

Configured using:
 'configure --with-ns --without-pop'

Configured features:
ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE NS PDUMPER PNG SQLITE3 THREADS
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: VC dir

Minor modes in effect:
  vc-dir-git-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  cua-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug lisp-mnt cursor-sensor smerge-mode diff
whitespace vc-hg vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs log-view
log-edit message sendmail yank-media puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg
rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util text-property-search mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums
mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader add-log pcvs-util
vc-dir ewoc dired-aux octave smie misearch multi-isearch vc-git
diff-mode track-changes easy-mmode files-x vc vc-dispatcher
bug-reference cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles
cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs tempo generic-x parse-time iso8601
time-date info emacs-wiki executable pcomplete derived advice directory
aes cl-extra help-mode load-dir sql view thingatpt comint ansi-osc
ansi-color ring delsel cua-base dired-x dired dired-loaddefs finder-inf
aes-autoloads load-dir-autoloads package browse-url xdg url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs icons password-cache json
subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib
rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/ns-win ns-win
ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads kqueue cocoa ns multi-tty
make-network-process tty-child-frames emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 215495 39902) (symbols 48 16022 0) (strings 32 53276 1470)
 (string-bytes 1 1535081) (vectors 16 29014)
 (vector-slots 8 286370 29353) (floats 8 126 87) (intervals 56 7386 0)
 (buffers 984 26))