Subject: Re: bug#7910: 23.2; inconsistent scrolling

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2020 20:41:45 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Sure, if you confirm that the
>> alternating-between-point-on-top-and-bottom-of-the-screen is intended
>> behaviour, and not a bug.
>
> I don't think it's a bug.

After looking at it a bit more, I agree with you that this is probably
working as intended...

> (Disclosure: I understand how this feature works, but I don't
> understand the rationale for it, or why it is useful.  So my opinion
> that this is not a bug should be taken with a grain of salt.)

... even if it's a bit difficult to understand the reasoning for the
feature at all.  So I've just clarified the doc string that the t
setting is rather odd, and I'm closing this bug report.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no