Subject: [bug#79073] Request for merging "python-team" branch

From: John Kehayias <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2025 18:32:15 +0000

Hi Oleg!

On Tue, Jul 22, 2025 at 09:25 AM, Sharlatan Hellseher wrote:

> Hi Guix,
>
> Placing to the queue the Python team branch. It will include the work of
> "On the way to pyproject-build-system everywhere"
> <https://codeberg.org/guix/guix/milestone/20775>
>
> --
> Oleg

What is the current status of this branch? I have a big world rebuild
going on in mesa-updates (next in the queue) and was wondering if I
should rebase on this branch?

In particular, I see python-coverage is failing tests on mesa-updates. I
tried to just cherry pick the update to that package from python-team
but it seems it is failing for other reasons (it does build on
python-team).

Thanks!
John