Subject: bug#79071: closed (Re: Request for merging "world-rebuild" branch)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2025 20:22:02 +0000

Your bug report

#79071: Request for merging "world-rebuild" branch

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
79071: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=79071
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: Request for merging "world-rebuild" branch
From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2025 22:21:16 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

For the last two days, QA has stopped building packages.
As aarch64 has been successfully finished, I am confident that the
patches on the world-rebuild branch are good to go. On x86_64, there
are still 3500 packages to be built on QA, but they look good on the
CI dashboard. i686 has noticeably more packages being blocked by build
failures on QA, but the biggest blocker there, ghc, appears to be
available on CI.

So I have rebased the branch and pushed it to master.

Over the next two weeks, I will mostly be away from keyboard, and after
that probably spend less time than over the summer to work on branches.
So please organise yourselves to follow the branches on
   https://qa.guix.gnu.org/
and merge one after the other when they are ready; depending on the
state of QA, this may require to also have a look at CI.

Andreas

Subject: Request for merging "world-rebuild" branch
From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2025 11:55:44 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

This is for the time being an empty bucket. The goal is to reserve a
space in the queue, and then to try out the suggestion developed in
my message to guix-devel: "Branches and other updates"
The idea is to collect a few updates that cause many rebuilds, but are
not covered by a team. The corresponding commits will be collected
in a milestone on codeberg, and decided upon once this branch moves
closer to the front of the queue.

Andreas