Subject: Re: bug#79070: [PATCH] Fix macOS dictation post NSTextInputClient migration in v30

From: Alvaro Ramirez <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2025 18:32:14 +0100

Alvaro Ramirez <[email-masked]> writes:

> Alvaro Ramirez <[email-masked]> writes:

>> I’m running out of ideas to fix on hardware (and OS version) I 
>> don’t
>> have access to. One thing that comes to mind is
>> patching with the rollback, since I was able to get dictation
>> working that way also. This may not be a future-proof solution
>> to submit upstream, but helps unblock your use-case using local
>> builds.

Reached out to a friend with an Intel Macbook. The closest 
hardware setup I could find is his:

  M-x emacs-version RET

  GNU Emacs 31.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin24.5.0, NS 
  appkit-2575.60 Version 15.5 (Build 24F74)) of 2025-07-22

  Macbook Pro 16-inch 2019 - Running macOS 15.5.

He was able to install the patch and verify dictation works for 
this configuration.