Subject: bug#79040: [PATCH] ; * lisp/battery.el (battery-bsd-apm): Explain a FIXME.

From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2025 14:23:55 +0200

Tags: patch

Hi,

A trivial patch that explains a FIXME comment.

In GNU Emacs 31.0.50 (build 2, x86_64-unknown-openbsd7.7) of 2025-07-17
 built on computer
Repository revision: ae560ae11c1d4b1ae5e130f3a942364dcaf69b62
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101018
System Description: OpenBSD computer 7.7 GENERIC.MP#52 amd64

Configured using:
 'configure CC=egcc CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include
 LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib MAKEINFO=gmakeinfo --prefix=/home/manuel/emacs
 --bindir=/home/manuel/bin --with-x-toolkit=no
 --with-toolkit-scroll-bars=no --without-cairo --without-dbus
 --without-gconf --without-gsettings --without-compress-install'

>From 7b0d47ad9d6d877c1f860b779c7e32ea709a41f8 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2025 14:22:26 +0200
Subject: [PATCH] ; * lisp/battery.el (battery-bsd-apm): Explain a FIXME.

---
 lisp/battery.el | 5 ++++-
 1 file changed, 4 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/lisp/battery.el b/lisp/battery.el
index a738c3ed131..a7962e046a0 100644
--- a/lisp/battery.el
+++ b/lisp/battery.el
@@ -951,7 +951,10 @@ battery-bsd-apm
 %h Remaining time (to charge or discharge) in hours
 %t Remaining time (to charge or discharge) in the form `h:min'"
   (let* ((os-name (car (split-string
-                        ;; FIXME: Can't we use something like `system-type'?
+                        ;; We cannot use `system-type' because some BSD
+                        ;; systems fall under the 'berkley-unix umbrella
+                        ;; and we're trying to make the distinction
+                        ;; among them here.
                         (battery--call-process-to-string "uname"))))
          (apm-flag (pcase os-name
                      ("OpenBSD" "mP")
-- 
2.50.1

-- 
Manuel Giraud