Subject: Re: 30.1; Stylus (Wacom Pen) Support under Wayland

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2025 13:44:16 +0200

The behavior subtly depends on the Wayland compositor. I just tried this
under niri. The behavior is the same as under sway, with one notable
difference:

> 6. [...]
>    at Step 3, "the location where the pointer was before pen-down" is
>
>    if the mouse was moved since the preceding pen-up (as in Step 2):
>      the pointer location where the mouse left it before pen-down,
>
>    otherwise:

Under sway:

>      the preceding pen-up location.

Under niri, "the location where the pointer was before pen-down" if the
mouse was not moved is instead:

     the preceding location where the pen went out of range.

In other words, as long as the mouse is not moved, the interim highlight
always begins where the preceding highlight ended, while under niri it
always begins at the same place, as long as the stylus is not removed
too far from the screen.

Notably, if I use the stylus to highlight text in Firefox, it always
works as expected, unlike Emacs and for both sway and niri.