Subject: bug#79024: 31.0.50; Multiple working trees support for VC

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2025 05:24:59 +0300

Hi Sean,

On 29/07/2025 16:21, Sean Whitton wrote:
> I think you missed this request for input here.  Would you be able to
> take a look?  Thanks.
> 
> On Fri 18 Jul 2025 at 10:36am +01, Sean Whitton wrote:
> 
>> Dmitry, what do you think about a new project-prompter-predicate which
>> project prompters should use to filter the list of projects offered?  VC
>> could bind that to something which only lets through related worktrees.

I guess my answer is maybe.

Ideally we should be able to think of some other usage scenarios as 
well, not just from this worktree feature. Maybe add them to the docstring.

Questions about implementation:

Will 'project-known-project-roots' use (and be affected by) that predicate?

Could someone set it up one day and then later see a project-list entry 
stay around in the file but never come up in the prompt, or never be 
cleared by project-forget-zombie-projects?

Also IIUC if we consider the "other-working-trees API" approach, I guess 
it wouldn't exactly fit as a solution, because we'd want to substitute 
the full list instead of filtering. (Is that right?) Then an alternative 
could be just a separate user option for the prompter function here.