Subject: Re: bug#79014: 31.0.50; igc: infinite loop

From: Óscar Fuentes <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2025 11:54:06 +0200

Hello Pip. Was the patch below posted for discussion or did you forgot
to push it to feature/igc?

I'll like to rebuild Emacs with the fix and having it on the branch is
much preferable to applying it as a patch.

And while we are at it, I hope there are no objections if I merge master
into feature/igc.

Thanks.

Pip Cet <[email-masked]> writes:

> For now, though, let's do this (on feature/igc):
>
> From 41d3fdf4c394c14e3beed1eda3caec6b8e57cb2f Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> From: Pip Cet <[email-masked]>
> Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2025 15:05:05 +0000
> Subject: [PATCH] Avoid infloops during buffer compaction (bug#79014)
>
> * src/buffer.c (compact_buffer): Set the 'BUF_COMPACT' timestamp
> before entering truncate_undo_list; that way, if truncate_undo_list
> calls this function recursively, the same buffer will not be
> considered for compaction twice.