Subject: Re: bug#79001: Retain profile image files generated during build

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2025 08:02:25 +0300

> From: Lynn Winebarger <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2025 23:31:18 -0400
> 
> On Sat, Jul 12, 2025 at 6:08 PM Lynn Winebarger <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > However, in a parallel build, I am now seeing the cus-load.el target
> > get run twice simultaneously, so that one instance will exit with a
> > file lock error and stop the build.
> 
> I am not sure why the generate-ja-dic target in lisp/Makefile.in
> depends on custom-deps

It doesn't.  It is probably some local snafu on your system, because
lisp/Makefile.in I have here says

  # This is the OKURO-NASI compilation trigger.
  generate-ja-dic: main-first
	  $(AM_V_at)$(MAKE) -C ../leim generate-ja-dic EMACS="$(EMACS)"
	  $(AM_V_at)$(MAKE) compile-targets TARGETS="./leim/ja-dic/ja-dic.elc"

without custom-deps dependency anywhere in sight.

Maybe try re-running the configure script, after syncing
lisp/Makefile.in with the upstream repository?