Subject: bug#7898: 24.0.50; `buffer-list' includes #<killed buffer> entries

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 11:10:40 -0800

I don't have a recipe to reproduce this, but I am now seeing #<killed
buffer> entries in the list returned by `buffer-list'.  I specifically
have seen this in the context of `list-buffers-select' called with no
args.
 
(dolist (buffer (or buffer-list
                    (buffer-list
                     (when Buffer-menu-use-frame-buffer-list
                           (selected-frame)))))
  (with-current-buffer buffer ...)
 
`Buffer-menu-use-frame-buffer-list' is t (default), so the selected
frame is passed to `buffer-list'.  No idea whether that is important
wrt the bug.
 
In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2011-01-17 on 3249CTO
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (4.4) --no-opt --cflags
-Ic:/imagesupport/include'