Subject: bug#78957: closed (Re: bug#78957: 31.0.50; Wrong mode-line in fancy diary)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2025 14:10:03 +0000

Your bug report

#78957: 31.0.50; Wrong mode-line in fancy diary

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
78957: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=78957
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#78957: 31.0.50; Wrong mode-line in fancy diary
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2025 17:08:50 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2025 19:27:16 +0200
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > Ping!  Can we please make some progress with this?
> 
> Ok.  So I've tried again this time starting from a "make extraclean"
> with the attached patch and it works as expected for diary entries,
> moonphases, etc.

Thanks, installed on the master branch, and closing the bug.

Subject: 31.0.50; Wrong mode-line in fancy diary
From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2025 21:14:52 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

When viewing diary entry from the calendar, the mode line could be set
erroneously.  The recipe:

          - Have a file "/tmp/diary" with the following content:
--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
July 4, 2025 A bitter day for many
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
          - emacs -Q
          - M-: (setopt diary-file "/tmp/diary") <RET>
          - M-: (toggle-frame-fullscreen) <RET>
          - M-: (calendar) <RET>
          - g d
          - 2025 <RET>
          - July <RET>
          - 4 <RET>
          - d

Observe that the date in the mode line of the diary view buffer is not
centered and maybe partly out of sight.  This seems to come from the
fact that the call to `window-edges' in `calendar-set-mode-line' does
not return correct values but I can't figure out why.

In GNU Emacs 31.0.50 (build 14, x86_64-unknown-openbsd7.7) of 2025-07-04
 built on computer
Repository revision: 763c3cd081a833940961373a73705640b1808636
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101018
System Description: OpenBSD computer 7.7 GENERIC.MP#41 amd64

Configured using:
 'configure CC=egcc CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include
 LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib MAKEINFO=gmakeinfo --prefix=/home/manuel/emacs
 --bindir=/home/manuel/bin --with-x-toolkit=no
 --with-toolkit-scroll-bars=no --without-cairo --without-dbus
 --without-gconf --without-gsettings --without-compress-install'

Configured features:
FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBXML2 M17N_FLT
MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE OLDXMENU PDUMPER PNG RSVG SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XFT XIM XINERAMA XINPUT2 XPM XRANDR ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: VC dir

Minor modes in effect:
  vc-dir-git-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  display-battery-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  exwm-randr-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  repeat-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.34/exwm
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-xsettings hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.34/exwm-xsettings
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-xim hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.34/exwm-xim
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-workspace hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.34/exwm-workspace
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-randr hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.34/exwm-randr
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-manage hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.34/exwm-manage
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-layout hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.34/exwm-layout
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-input hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.34/exwm-input
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-floating hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.34/exwm-floating
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-systemtray hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.34/exwm-systemtray
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-core hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.34/exwm-core
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-background hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.34/exwm-background
/home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/ef-themes-1.10.0/theme-loaddefs hides /home/manuel/emacs/share/emacs/31.0.50/lisp/theme-loaddefs
/home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/idlwave-6.5.1/idlwave hides /home/manuel/emacs/share/emacs/31.0.50/lisp/obsolete/idlwave
/home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/idlwave-6.5.1/idlw-toolbar hides /home/manuel/emacs/share/emacs/31.0.50/lisp/obsolete/idlw-toolbar
/home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/idlwave-6.5.1/idlw-shell hides /home/manuel/emacs/share/emacs/31.0.50/lisp/obsolete/idlw-shell
/home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/idlwave-6.5.1/idlw-help hides /home/manuel/emacs/share/emacs/31.0.50/lisp/obsolete/idlw-help
/home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/idlwave-6.5.1/idlw-complete-structtag hides /home/manuel/emacs/share/emacs/31.0.50/lisp/obsolete/idlw-complete-structtag

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug lisp-mnt macrostep-c cmacexp macrostep
doc-view filenotify jka-compr image-mode exif flyspell ispell tex-mode
compile shell pcomplete comint ansi-osc ansi-color vc-hg vc-bzr vc-src
vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs log-view log-edit add-log pcvs-util eww
vtable mule-util url-queue mm-url gnus-dired vc-dir ewoc vc vc-git
diff-mode track-changes files-x vc-dispatcher debbugs-browse
bug-reference texinfo texinfo-loaddefs format-spec time battery desktop
frameset exwm-randr xcb-randr exwm exwm-input xcb-keysyms xcb-xkb
exwm-manage exwm-floating xcb-cursor xcb-render exwm-layout
exwm-workspace exwm-core xcb-ewmh xcb-icccm xcb xcb-xproto xcb-types
xcb-debug server ef-themes modus-operandi-tinted-theme modus-themes zone
speed-type thingatpt url-http url-auth url-gw nsm compat ytdious ring
mpdired transmission color calc-bin calc-ext calc calc-loaddefs rect
calc-macs supercite regi ebdb-gnus gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015
mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku
url-file svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus xml
gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo parse-time iso8601
gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win ebdb-message message yank-media
puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 gmm-utils mailheader ebdb-mua
ebdb-com crm ebdb-format ebdb mailabbrev eieio-opt speedbar ezimage
dframe find-func eieio-base timezone icalendar gnus nnheader gnus-util
text-property-search time-date range sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils erlang-start idlwave idlwave-menus
idlw-menus idlwave-bindings idlw-bindings idlwave-routine idlw-routine
idlwave-scan idlw-scan idlwave-help idlw-help idlwave-complete
idlw-complete idlwave-variables idlw-variables skeleton cc-mode cc-fonts
cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs
elec-pair appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
pcase dired-x dired-aux dired dired-loaddefs edmacro kmacro
use-package-bind-key bind-key use-package-core repeat easy-mmode
cus-edit pp cus-start cus-load wid-edit debbugs-autoloads ebdb-autoloads
cl-extra help-mode ef-themes-autoloads elpher-autoloads exwm-autoloads
gnuplot-autoloads hyperbole-autoloads kotl-autoloads hact set hhist
idlwave-autoloads notmuch-autoloads osm-autoloads pdf-tools-autoloads
reddigg-autoloads ht-autoloads dash-autoloads promise-autoloads
rust-mode-autoloads info slime-autoloads warnings macrostep-autoloads
speed-type-autoloads sudo-edit-autoloads svg-clock-autoloads
tablist-autoloads transmission-autoloads xelb-autoloads
ytdious-autoloads package browse-url xdg url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs icons password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt
gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl
tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
touch-screen tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list
replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar
menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer
nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads kqueue lcms2 dynamic-setting font-render-setting xinput2 x
multi-tty move-toolbar make-network-process tty-child-frames emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 571884 484905) (symbols 48 41392 2)
 (strings 32 195972 20036) (string-bytes 1 4840619)
 (vectors 16 113028) (vector-slots 8 915611 43230) (floats 8 490 804)
 (intervals 56 3510 0) (buffers 1064 36))

-- 
Manuel Giraud