Subject: bug#78924: 31.0.50; recent gnulib update breaks on current OSX (15.5)

From: Liam Stitt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2025 00:02:06 -0600

Hi. After updating, lib/open.c fails to compile thus:

open.c:145:11: error: use of undeclared identifier 'HAVE_WORKING_O_DIRECTORY'
  145 |      || (!HAVE_WORKING_O_DIRECTORY && flags & O_DIRECTORY));
      |           ^

Configuration info follows in case it's useful:

Configured using:
 'configure --with-x-toolkit=gtk --enable-link-time-optimization
 --disable-ns-self-contained --without-pop --with-mailutils
 LDFLAGS=-L/opt/local/lib CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/local/include'

Configured features:
ACL DBUS GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS JPEG LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE NS
PDUMPER PNG RSVG SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER
WEBP XIM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_CA.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  xterm-mouse-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug lisp-mnt message yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config
gnus-util text-property-search mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils xt-mouse term/xterm xterm
server calc calc-loaddefs rect calc-macs tramp rx trampver
tramp-integration files-x tramp-message help-mode tramp-compat shell
pcomplete comint ansi-osc ring parse-time iso8601 time-date format-spec
ansi-color tramp-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs package
browse-url xdg url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap
url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs icons
password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile
url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind kqueue cocoa ns
lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process tty-child-frames emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 98981 83659) (symbols 48 10921 6) (strings 32 28578 8901)
 (string-bytes 1 727570) (vectors 16 14995)
 (vector-slots 8 126046 43110) (floats 8 46 1) (intervals 56 261 9)
 (buffers 1064 10))