Subject: bug#78916: 31.0.50; C-g fails to exit loop

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2025 09:42:55 +0300

> Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2025 17:43:25 +0000
> From: Pip Cet <[email-masked]>
> 
> "Stefan Monnier via \"Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of text editors\"" <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> >> I agree that calling keyboard-quit is better.
> >
> > So, I suggest the patch below.
> 
> I'd just like to note that this breaks badly if quitchar is changed.
> That doesn't mean we shouldn't apply this patch, it means we should
> remove the vestigial support for changing quitchar from keyboard.c

I don't want to remove support for quit-char unless someone explains
that it cannot work well.  But it is well known that changing
quit-char doesn't work well already.  And if we decide to change all
the bindings of C-g to be bound to quit-char instead, it should be
trivial to fix this one as well, right?