Subject: Re: bug#78916: 31.0.50; C-g fails to exit loop

From: Mike Kupfer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2025 16:28:32 -0700

Stefan Monnier wrote:

> In `master`, they now both behave in the same way.  I think the fact
> that the behave the same way is good/right since they have the same
> binding in the keymap.

That makes sense.

> So what do we want:
> 
> - Both keys behave like the "old C-g".
> - Both keys behave like the "old C-]" (i.e. what we have now).
> - Reintroduce the difference of behavior between `C-g` and `C-]`,
>   presumably by giving them different bindings in `query-replace-map.

Is there a use case for the current behavior?  I definitely want to have
the "old C-g" behavior available.  I think it makes sense for C-g to
provide that behavior.  Different bindings in query-replace-map seems
like a clean way to achieve that.

thanks,
mike