Subject: bug#78898: Make read/readevalloop reentrant

From: Lynn Winebarger <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2025 14:20:02 -0400

On Thu, Jul 3, 2025 at 10:47 PM Lynn Winebarger <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> The attached patch (in addition to the preceding 2) eliminates most of
> the errors from "make check".  I've attached the ones from edebug.  I
> see "edebug-tests-break-in-lambda-out-of-defining-context" fail in my
> build of the master checkout, so that leaves two unexplained failures,
> edebug-tests-step-into-function and
> edebug-tests-trace-function-call-and-return.  I currently have no idea
> what is going on.

When I start the built emacs with
./src/emacs -Q -l ../test/lisp/emacs-lisp/edebug-tests.el
Then enter "M-x ert RET edebug-tests-trace-function-call-and-return
RET", the edebug-tests-trace-function-call-and-return test passes.  So
I'm thinking there is an issue with the test framework itself for this
one?
When I run edebug-tests-step-into-function similarly, it still fails,
but I am having difficulty understanding the testing framework in the
first place.  The test does not seem to open a buffer for executing
the test at all, it just throws a cl-block-error.

Lynn