Subject: bug#78867: [PATCH] Define dedicated faces for the package.el mode line

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2025 14:38:17 +0300

> Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2025 09:13:43 +0300
> From: Protesilaos Stavrou <[email-masked]>
> 
> Dear maintainers,
> 
> The new mode line format for 'list-packages' reuses existing faces 
> instead of defining its own.
> 
> This can be a problem for certain themes.
> 
> The attached patch defines the relevant faces. Themes can customise 
> those to meet their stated goals.

Thanks.

This kind of input is highly valuable as part of the process of
reviewing the original submissions, so that the author could augment
the patch before it is installed.  What can we do to prompt you to
such changes?  Would it help to CC you on changes that introduce faces
or reuse existing faces for new purposes?  Anything else we could do
to alert you to such changes in time for you to chime in?