Subject: bug#78861: [PATCH] Avoid calendar flicker

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2025 17:43:36 +0300

> From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2025 16:08:37 +0200
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > If the above is the best scenario you can offer, then please point me
> > to the code in calendar that first draws the numbers in black and then
> > redraws them in red, and I will take a look.
> 
> Thanks Eli.  I think most takes place in `diary-mark-entries' at
> diary-lib.el:1377.

Thanks.  Then I guess the problem is the calls to sit-for, which
performs redisplay, in calendar-generate-window before it calls
diary-mark-entries.  Any idea why we are calling sit-for there?  If
you remove those calls or add the optional second argument non-nil to
them, does the problem go away?