Subject: Re: bug#78823: [BUG] 31.0.50; org-babel-execute-src-block: Wrong type argument: integer-or-marker-p, nil

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2025 18:28:33 +0300

> From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Ihor Radchenko <[email-masked]>,  Philip Kaludercic
>  <[email-masked]>,  Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>,
>   [email-masked],  [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2025 10:39:36 -0400
> 
> >> I am looking into this again, and I stumbled upon `package-report-bug'.
> >> I am wondering if it can be used as a centralized command to submit bug
> >> reports + provide an API for package to plug into.
> >> This kind of idea sounds better than creating aliases outside the
> >> package namespace.
> 
> +1

FWIW, I don't think a hook is a proper solution here.  Hooks are local
to buffers and set up by major modes (otherwise a package-specific
hook makes no sense), but no one said that a user will want to invoke
the bug-reporting command from a buffer under that package's mode.
And then there are packages that provide only minor modes if at all,
and packages that provide a very long list of modes, etc.

So on balance, I'd go with a command that asks the user about what
package he/she wants to submit a bug report.  If we can intelligently
guess the package, we can offer that as the default.  More automation
should only be considered after we have enough experience.