Subject: 31.0.50; Missing lexical-binding cookies when compiling trampolines

From: Daniel Mendler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2025 20:38:20 +0200

In the *Native-compile-Log* I see the following messages on a newly
compiled Emacs 31 from the current Emacs master branch:

Warning (files): Missing ‘lexical-binding’ cookie in "/tmp/emacs-int-comp-subr--trampoline-72756e2d686f6f6b73_run_hooks_0-ZQkOM2.el".
You can add one with ‘M-x elisp-enable-lexical-binding RET’.
See ‘(elisp)Selecting Lisp Dialect’ and ‘(elisp)Converting to Lexical Binding’
for more information.
Compiling $HOME/.config/emacs/eln-cache/31.0.50-45ab2aa9/subr--trampoline-72756e2d686f6f6b73_run_hooks_0.eln...

In GNU Emacs 31.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.49, cairo version 1.18.4) of 2025-06-17 built on host
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101016
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 13 (trixie)

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=$HOME/.local/share/emacs
 --without-compress-install --with-tree-sitter --with-native-compilation
 --with-dbus --without-selinux --without-threads --disable-gc-mark-trace
 --without-gsettings --without-gpm --with-cairo --with-cairo-xcb
 --with-xinput2 --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --without-toolkit-scroll-bars'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG LIBOTF LIBSYSTEMD
LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP
SOUND SQLITE3 TIFF TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINERAMA XINPUT2 XPM
XRANDR GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: LIMPLE