Subject: bug#78815: 31.0.50; completions truncated

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2025 16:02:07 +0200

Colin Baxter <[email-masked]> writes:

>>> This part has not been clear to me so far: you scroll the
>>> completions buffer with the mouse.

> That is strictly correct, but I need to clarify it.
>
> 1. If I use the mouse to put the cursor in the completion buffer, I
> can then use either C-v or the down arrow to move down the buffer. In
> both cases, I see the button.
>
> 2. The only route I have found in order not to see the button is to
> use multiple <TAB>.

Thanks.

AFAIU, this is expected given the current design.  Do we want to fix
this?

My personal opinion is that we could indeed improve the user experience
here, since scrolling the completions using the ordinary scroll commands
is something that people just will try.  Could this be improved so that
the result would work reliably?

Michael.