Subject: bug#78815: 31.0.50; completions truncated

From: Colin Baxter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2025 10:36:23 +0100

>>>>> Colin Baxter <[email-masked]> writes:

>>>>> Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of text editors <Michael> writes:
    >> Colin Baxter <[email-masked]> writes:
    >>> I attach the screenshots.

    >> Thank you very much.

    >>> 7. I now move the mouse so that the mouse pointer in over the
    >>> completions buffer, and scroll down using the mouse wheel until
    >>> the button is visible.

    >> This part has not been clear to me so far: you scroll the
    >> completions buffer with the mouse.

    >> This is a crucial point.  You don't see that button without
    >> scrolling the completions buffer with the mouse - correct?

    > Yes, that is correct.

That is strictly correct, but I need to clarify it.

1. If I use the mouse to put the cursor in the completion buffer, I can
then use either C-v or the down arrow to move down the buffer. In both
cases, I see the button.

2. The only route I have found in order not to see the button is to use
multiple <TAB>.

Colin.