Subject: bug#78815: 31.0.50; completions truncated

From: Arash Esbati <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2025 21:44:20 +0200

Colin Baxter <[email-masked]> writes:

> 1. emacs -Q <RET>
> 2. C-h f <RET> (for example)
> 3. completion <TAB> (for example)
> 4. Completion buffer opens with 131 possible completions

I see this as well in *Completions* buffer:

  Click or type M-RET on a completion to select it.
  Type M-<down> or M-<up> to move point between completions.

  131 possible completions:
  completion--cache-all-sorted-completions
  ...

> 5. In foot of buffer is button that reads:
> [Completions truncated, click here to insert the rest.]

This is what I see at the end of *Completions* buffer:

There is on button to click.  This is with

  In GNU Emacs 31.0.50 (build 1, aarch64-apple-darwin24.5.0, NS
   appkit-2575.60 Version 15.5 (Build 24F74)) of 2025-06-10
  Repository revision: f69b822fb0e804a13ff7a4eb55fc2ae618e0de72
  Repository branch: master
  Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2575
  System Description:  macOS 15.5

  Configured using:
   'configure --with-ns --with-threads --with-modules
   --with-native-compilation --without-compress-install --without-harfbuzz
   --without-mailutils --without-pop 'CFLAGS=-O2 -g0 -pipe '
   'CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/homebrew/Cellar/gcc/15.1.0/include
   -I/opt/homebrew/Cellar/libgccjit/15.1.0/include
   -I/opt/homebrew/Cellar/gmp/6.3.0/include
   -I/opt/homebrew/Cellar/libxml2/2.13.8/include '
   'LDFLAGS=-L/opt/homebrew/Cellar/gcc/15.1.0/lib/gcc/current
   -L/opt/homebrew/Cellar/gmp/6.3.0/lib
   -L/opt/homebrew/Cellar/libxml2/2.13.8/lib ''

Am I missing something?

Best, Arash