Subject: 31.0.50; Wave underline set wrongly

From: Ergus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2025 17:41:18 +0200

Hi:

I am using emacs on tmux, which does not support wave underline (it
prints it as normal text)

echo -e "\e[4:3mThis is normal text in tmux\e[0m"

When I try

(display-supports-face-attributes-p '(:underline (:style wave)))

it returns t, which for tmux it seems like it shouldn't.

So this makes that faces like `flyspell-incorrect` look like normal text
and no highlight is visible at all.

Best,
Ergus

In GNU Emacs 31.0.50 (build 16, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.49, cairo version 1.18.4) of 2025-06-15 built on RTX
Repository revision: f3ea559eeebd368cca1900a7e670d3ddbbd00da7
Repository branch: project
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/ergo/.local/ --with-mailutils --with-pgtk
 --with-modules --with-cairo --with-harfbuzz
 --with-native-compilation=aot
 '--program-transform-name=s/^ctags$/ctags.emacs/''

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
LCMS2 LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PGTK
PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
TREE_SITTER WEBP XIM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  whitespace-mode: t
  flyspell-mode: t
  completion-preview-mode: t
  diff-hl-margin-mode: t
  global-corfu-mode: t
  corfu-mode: t
  fancy-compilation-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  project-multi-mode: t
  gtags-mode: t
  repeat-mode: t
  xterm-mouse-mode: t
  tty-tip-mode: t
  xclip-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  global-display-fill-column-indicator-mode: t
  display-fill-column-indicator-mode: t
  global-display-line-numbers-mode: t
  display-line-numbers-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  context-menu-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/mnt/casa/gits/emacs_clones/gtags-mode/gtags-mode hides /home/ergo/.config/emacs/elpa/gtags-mode-1.9.2/gtags-mode

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug lisp-mnt tramp-cache time-stamp tramp-sh
tramp trampver tramp-integration tramp-message tramp-compat shell
pcomplete parse-time iso8601 format-spec tramp-loaddefs autorevert
filenotify recentf tree-widget ffap thingatpt elec-pair whitespace
flyspell-correct flyspell ispell completion-preview diff-hl-margin
diff-hl-dired diff-hl log-view log-edit message sendmail yank-media puny
dired-x dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr mailabbrev
mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader add-log pcvs-util vc-dir ewoc vc
vc-dispatcher diff-mode track-changes corfu fancy-compilation compile
text-property-search comint ansi-osc ansi-color comp-run comp-common
winner cus-edit pp cus-start cus-load wid-edit project-multi-mode
gtags-mode files-x xref project ring term/tmux term/xterm xterm init rx
repeat cape compat use-package-ensure package browse-url xdg url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source eieio eieio-core cl-macs icons password-cache json subr-x
map url-vars use-package-diminish xt-mouse tty-tip xclip edmacro kmacro
byte-opt use-package-bind-key bind-key cl-extra help-mode
simple-16-theme saveplace delsel savehist easy-mmode
display-fill-column-indicator display-line-numbers diminish which-key
cl-seq use-package-core cl-loaddefs cl-lib bytecomp byte-compile gv
disp-table info arduino-cli-mode-autoloads auctex-autoloads tex-site
avy-zap-autoloads avy-autoloads benchmark-init-autoloads
bufferlo-autoloads caml-autoloads cape-autoloads clang-format-autoloads
cobol-mode-autoloads compile-multi-autoloads compiler-explorer-autoloads
corfu-autoloads crdt-autoloads csv-mode-autoloads d-mode-autoloads
dape-autoloads deadgrep-autoloads debbugs-autoloads diff-hl-autoloads
diminish-autoloads dired-sidebar-autoloads dired-subtree-autoloads
dired-hacks-utils-autoloads dumb-jump-autoloads e2ansi-autoloads
eglot-booster-autoloads emamux-autoloads eshell-toggle-autoloads
esup-autoloads evil-collection-autoloads annalist-autoloads
evil-leader-autoloads evil-autoloads face-explorer-autoloads
fancy-compilation-autoloads flx-autoloads flymake-nasm-autoloads
flymake-quickdef-autoloads flyspell-correct-autoloads
git-commit-ts-mode-autoloads git-modes-autoloads
git-timemachine-autoloads gnuplot-autoloads goto-chg-autoloads
groovy-mode-autoloads gtags-mode-autoloads haskell-mode-autoloads
highlight-indent-guides-autoloads i3wm-config-mode-autoloads
ibuffer-sidebar-autoloads iedit-autoloads imenu-list-autoloads
julia-ts-mode-autoloads julia-mode-autoloads languagetool-autoloads
lice-autoloads lorem-ipsum-autoloads lua-mode-autoloads magit-autoloads
magit-section-autoloads llama-autoloads move-dup-autoloads
multiple-cursors-autoloads mutt-mode-autoloads nasm-mode-autoloads
neotree-autoloads nftables-mode-autoloads nginx-mode-autoloads
notmuch-autoloads objed-autoloads phi-search-autoloads
pkgbuild-mode-autoloads plz-autoloads popup-autoloads
protobuf-ts-mode-autoloads scopeline-autoloads shell-command+-autoloads
slime-autoloads macrostep-autoloads sphinx-mode-autoloads f-autoloads
s-autoloads dash-autoloads spinner-autoloads ssh-config-mode-autoloads
string-inflection-autoloads sudo-edit-autoloads switch-window-autoloads
systemd-autoloads tmux-mode-autoloads urgrep-autoloads vdiff-autoloads
hydra-autoloads lv-autoloads vterm-toggle-autoloads vterm-autoloads
vundo-autoloads with-editor-autoloads xclip-autoloads
yasnippet-snippets-autoloads yasnippet-autoloads early-init rmc
iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/pgtk-win pgtk-win
term/common-win touch-screen pgtk-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo gtk pgtk
lcms2 multi-tty move-toolbar make-network-process tty-child-frames
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 257146 109827) (symbols 48 18252 10)
 (strings 32 74188 21602) (string-bytes 1 2343404) (vectors 16 24695)
 (vector-slots 8 281624 53185) (floats 8 122 281)
 (intervals 56 1382 163) (buffers 1064 12))