Subject: 31.0.50; Support for directories and globs in warning-suppress-log-types et al

From: Óscar Fuentes <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2025 17:27:33 +0200

warning-suppress-log-types, warning-suppress-types and possibly other
similar variables do not support specifying directories and globs in the
ANYTHING part. This means that warning suppression must be done either
on a per-file basis or globally.

My use case consists on a directory that contains third-party packages,
with various degrees of maintenance from upstream (from active to
abandoned.) Every time that any of those files are loaded the warning
pops up. Also, I want to preserve the warning for my own files, which
live in another directory.

Using .dir-locals.el was suggested, but that does not work (see
bug#78780).

In GNU Emacs 31.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo
 version 1.18.4) of 2025-06-08 built on sky
Repository revision: f90cee6f761b0c2bffcfa64556284884c0f7348f
Repository branch: igc
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101016
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 13 (trixie)

Configured using:
 'configure 'CPPFLAGS=-O2 -fno-omit-frame-pointer -g3'
 CPPFLAGS=-I/home/oscar/dev/include/mps
 LDFLAGS=-L/home/oscar/dev/other/mps/code --with-native-compilation
 --with-tree-sitter --without-toolkit-scroll-bars --with-x-toolkit=lucid
 --with-modules --without-imagemagick --with-mps=yes'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG LIBOTF
LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES MPS NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY
PDUMPER PNG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TREE_SITTER WEBP X11
XAW3D XDBE XIM XINERAMA XINPUT2 XPM XRANDR LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: C
  locale-coding-system: nil