Subject: Re: Request for merging "go-team" branch

From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2025 16:59:32 +0200

Am Wed, Aug 06, 2025 at 03:38:07PM +0100 schrieb Sharlatan Hellseher:
> Which coverage are we expecting to pass QA?
> It's 83% on Bordeaux CI for i686 architecture.

This is probably cheating...
I think the percentage is rather high because not that many packages are
concerned by changes. With the core-packages merge, the percentage was
essentially the same as before, but then people experienced a number of
packages close to the leaves they were interested in, and which did not
build anymore.

Maybe Go is and was not much available on i686?
   https://qa.guix.gnu.org/branch/go-team
shows only about 3000 packages altogether concerned by the change on i686,
but about 13000 on x86_64 and still over 10000 on aarch64.

The idea would be to arrive at about the same number of "succeeding"
packages as before; right now most of them are unknwon. We want to not
only be assured that not much breaks, but also that substitutes will be
available immediately after the merge.

I think not a single package has been built since this morning.
There has been a "guix gc" running since 2am (!), and I dare not
interrupt it. Last time I did it I lost access to the machine, even
though the causal connection is unclear. But before this is finished,
I think nothing will happen.

And on CI I get 504 errors most of the time, so it is of not much help
either.

Andreas