Subject: bug#78773: [PATCH] Speedup url-retrieve-synchronously for low-latency connections

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2025 20:04:11 +0300

> From: Steven Allen <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
> Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2025 09:25:40 -0700
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > What if url-retrieve was called for more than a single connection?
> > Won't your FIRST patch cause a regression in that case?
> 
> I assume you're talking about redirects here? That's the only
> multiple-process case I know about. In this case, it'll just return back
> to the top of the `url-retrieve-synchronously' loop (same as it would
> before) and wait on the next process.

No, I mean other callers of the same low-level functionality, for
example, url-retrieve.

Once again, the C function where you propose changes is used in a wide
variety of scenarios, and several clients of it could be active at the
same time.