Subject: point preserved incorrectly with minibuffer-frame

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 12:38:51 -0500

Package: Emacs
Version: 24.0.50

When I do

   % src/emacs -Q --eval '(setq default-frame-alist (quote ((minibuffer . nil))))'
   M-: (goto-char (point-min)) RET

the cursor stays at EOB rather than going to BOB.  I suspect this is due
to the recent change with the Fset_window_configuration issue.

        Stefan

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2011-01-19 on ceviche
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10707000
configured using `configure  'CFLAGS=-Wall -Wno-pointer-sign -DUSE_LISP_UNION_TYPE -DSYNC_INPUT -DENABLE_CHECKING -DXASSERTS -DFONTSET_DEBUG -g -O1 -I/usr/include/GNUstep' '--enable-maintainer-mode' '--with-x-toolkit=lucid''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: fr_CH.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Minibuffer-Area

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  url-handler-mode: t
  global-reveal-mode: t
  reveal-mode: t
  auto-insert-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  minibuffer-electric-default-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> M-x b b d b <return> 
<return> C-x C-s C-x 5 f b b <tab> <return> C-x v = 
<switch-frame> <help-echo> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <help-echo> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
M-> <up> <up> <up> <up> <right> C-s C-w C-w C-r C-r 
C-s C-s C-r C-r C-s C-s C-r C-r C-s C-s C-r C-r C-a 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> M-p M-> C-r C-g M-v M-v M-v M-< C-v 
C-v C-v C-v C-v C-v C-v C-v C-v C-v C-v M-v <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> M-x r 
e p <tab> o <tab> r <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Formatting...done.
Saving file /home/monnier/share/misc/bbdb...
Wrote /home/monnier/share/misc/bbdb
Finding changes in /home/monnier/share/misc/bbdb...done
Mark set
Mark saved where search started
Mark set
Quit
Mark set
Making completion list... [2 times]

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr message sendmail rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader emacsbug smerge-mode multi-isearch
diff-mode vc vc-dispatcher warnings executable copyright byte-opt
bytecomp byte-compile bbdb-migrate vc-bzr sha1 hex-util filecache
bbdb-com mailabbrev bbdb timezone server noutline outline easy-mmode
flyspell ispell eldoc checkdoc regexp-opt thingatpt help-mode easymenu
view prog-mode electric url-handlers url-parse auth-source netrc
gnus-util url-vars mm-util mail-prsvr reveal autoinsert uniquify advice
help-fns advice-preload savehist minibuf-eldef cl cl-loaddefs proof-site
proof-autoloads pg-vars bbdb-autoloads agda2 tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe
lisp-mode register page newcomment menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face files text-properties overlay
md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting x-toolkit
x multi-tty emacs)