Subject: bug#78739: 30.1; Performance issue with inline image in an org file

From: laladrik <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2025 19:08:51 +0000

> You probably need to build debug version of Emacs with no optimizations,
> etc. -g does not save you from the code that has been optimized away by
> the compiler

Doesn't Emacs has some code which is enabled when it's compiled without
optimization?  Some additional checks or asserts.  Won't it affect the
performance enough to show a false picture?

> FWIW, I was unable to reproduce even when I disabled the use of native
> image API (which forces Emacs to use libpng).

How do I switch between native image API and non-native?  Should I compile it
with the flag --with-native-image-api?

> Could this be something that depends on the version of libpng?  I have 1.6.12
> here.

Mine is 1.6.46.  Would it help to check Emacs with your version?  I guess I can
compile everything from the source.

> Any information might help, yes.

Here is the link to the question
https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/84624/performance-issue-with-inline-image-in-an-org-file

A little off-topic.  Who should I send the messages to and who should I add to
"Cc" when I want my message to be seen by both of you?