Subject: bug#78737: sit-for behavior changes when byte-compiled

From: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2025 22:33:06 +0200

On Tue, 10 Jun 2025 12:34:34 -0700 Daniel Colascione <[email-masked]> wrote:

[...]
> (It's dancol/quit-improvements2 not dancol/quit-improvements because I
> can't force-push even to a non-mainline branch.  Shouldn't we allow
> off-mainline force pushes?)

See admin/notes/repo in the Emacs sources:
  
  * feature and scratch branches
  
  Besides the master branch, which is where development takes place, and
  the "emacs-NN" release branches, we also have branches whose names
  start with "scratch/" and "feature/".  The "feature/" prefix is used
  for feature branches that are intended to live for some time, while
  "scratch/" is for one-off throw-away-after-use branches.
  
  We do not intend to "git merge" from scratch branches, so force-pushes
                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  are tolerated, as well as commits with poor style, incomplete commit
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  messages, etc.

Steve Berman