Subject: bug#78737: sit-for behavior changes when byte-compiled

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2025 13:35:40 +0300

> Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2025 06:24:40 -0400
> From: Daniel Colascione <[email-masked]>
> CC: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> 
> >Last, but not least, this is not directly related to the main part of
> >this discussion, which is about being able to interrupt Lisp programs
> >by a single C-g.
> 
> 
> Why is it so important that a *single* C-g interrupt a Lisp program?

Only because it was possible (with some exceptions) until today.
Thus, any change in this will be rightfully considered to be an
incompatible change in behavior

> If a Lisp program is reading input, and C-g is input, treating at least the first C-g as input is expected, and like I said, it's just not possible to interrupt with a single C-g a program expecting to read input that is also a single C-g. If you try to achieve this goal you either break the input capability or you break the single C-g quit, and you're not addressing this contradiction head on.

We moved past these arguments, so why go back now?  I didn't say we
_must_ preserve previous behavior of a single C-g, I just said what is
this discussion about.  Let's argue where we disagree, not where we
don't.