Subject: Re: bug#78737: sit-for behavior changes when byte-compiled

From: Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2025 16:39:05 +0200

Daniel Colascione <[email-masked]> writes:

> On June 13, 2025 7:01:01 AM PDT, "Gerd Möllmann" <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>Daniel Colascione <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>>> We already have something like that. :-) read-event already runs the
>>> events it reads through special-event-map, right?
>>
>>Entirely unrelated, I just came across this because I searched for
>>read-event. Let me just mention that read-event does not respect
>>input-decode-map. This is a problem on ttys, see bug#75886.
>
>
> Seems at least a little related, doesn't it? It's another example of a
> real world problem caused by inconsistent input reading strategy,
> isn't it?

True :-). And C-g in this case is an escape sequence, and so on. My old
friend keyboard.c :-(.