Subject: bug#78730: 31.0.50; Some eglot test failures

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2025 11:45:44 +0200

João Távora <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi João,

> I understand.  Well the tests pass locally here, a 2018 Thinkpad 480,
> fresh master.  I'm on Arch linux so I'm running close to the bleeding
> edge of these language servers, package-system installed.

typescript-language-server and vscode-json-languageserver are installed
via npm, so they should be recent. Unfortunately, they aren't offered as
Debian packages, still in trixie, so I decided for this.

See test/infra/Dockerfile.emba:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
RUN npm install -g typescript-language-server typescript
RUN npm install -g vscode-json-languageserver
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

> But it's not a huge suprise it happens on virtual machines or containers
> with less-than-sane schedulers and system clocks.  Is that the case with
> EMBA or is this running on bare metal?

Containers. See admin/notes/emba, it explains how you could reproduce
the docker environment locally.

> Is there an HEYIMRUNNINGONEMBA variable?  If there is, I think we
> could skip those tests for when truish.

(skip-when (getenv "EMACS_EMBA_CI")) shall do. However, not all eglot
tests fail due to a timeout.

> João

Best regards, Michael.