Subject: [bug#78688] [PATCH 0/4 rust-team] rust bootstrap cleanup (use gexp)

From: Morgan Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2025 21:59:34 -0400

Here are some patches to convert the rust builds to use gexps and also some
cleanups.

I'm sorry about some of the whitespace changes.  I manually cleaned it up a
little but I'm not sure how to get emacs to do it right.

This is me following up on bug#77616.  The main purpose of that bug was
shortening the rust bootstrap so my messy gexp changes got dropped.  I've now
polished the remaining bits and am presenting them here.

To test my changes I manually removed a lot of the hidden properties in the
rust.scm file and ran this command to build some rust both from the short and
long bootstrap process:

./pre-inst-env guix build --max-jobs=8 [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] rust

I have compiled quite a few revisions of rust at this point and I believe
everything is working now.  We should really feed this to some CI though
(still now sure how we do that).

Morgan Smith (4):
  gnu: rust and rust-bootstrap packages: Use gexps.
  gnu: rust bootstrap: Set #:disallowed-references.
  gnu: rust-1.75: Remove unnecessary phase.
  gnu: rust-1.75: Ensure validate-runpath is run.

 gnu/packages/rust.scm | 1328 ++++++++++++++++++++---------------------
 1 file changed, 662 insertions(+), 666 deletions(-)

base-commit: dd995e3a47340ed11b83b24fe71d13b929a7df8d
-- 
2.49.0