Subject: [bug#78676] Request for merging "ruby-team" branch

From: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2025 10:48:19 +0100

Christopher Baines <[email-masked]> writes:

> Andreas Enge <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>>> In other news, I think we can avoid changing [email-masked] on this branch,
>>> which should avoid affecting some texlive and related packages. I'll try
>>> to make this change either later today or tomorrow.
>
> I've gone ahead and pushed this now, tweaking a few commits to achieve
> the following diff, avoiding changing ruby-hydra-minimal/pinned and
> avoiding changing ruby-2.7, which I think removes the majority of the
> affected packages on the ruby-team branch. At least this is what guix
> weather suggests, we'll see what the data service says.

I think those changes reduceed the affected packages from over 10,000 to
just over 1000. I've just pushed again to remove the change to
utf8proc-2.7.0 which should avoid ~300 julia builds.

I did look at the changes to gst-libav, but that's a bit harder to avoid
since [email-masked] is also being changed.