Subject: [bug#78672] [PATCH] gnu: ngtcp2: Update to 1.13.0.

From: Tomas Volf <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2025 22:06:05 +0200

Hi,

Andreas Enge <[email-masked]> writes:

> the update breaks vlang:
>    https://qa.guix.gnu.org/issue/78672/package-changes?x86_64-linux-change=broken&x86_64-linux-change=still-failing&x86_64-linux-change=unknown-to-failing&x86_64-linux-change=new-failing
>
> Could you have a look, please?

Well, as usual, builds for me:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ g l -2 --oneline --no-decorate
d7a47224ca gnu: ngtcp2: Update to 1.13.0.
60828ad981 gnu: direnv: Don't install go sources.
$ guix shell -CWN -D guix -- ./pre-inst-env guix build vlang
/gnu/store/y23d0ih34kb8fm86m4kx0dgijy8m034g-vlang-0.2.4
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Also, looking into the build log from your link, I see

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
 FAIL  [ 43/640]  6732.170 ms vlib/io/reader_test.v
sh: line 1: /tmp/guix-build-vlang-0.2.4.drv-0/v/test_session_1463470970505238/reader_test: Permission denied
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

and

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
 FAIL  [ 48/640]  9820.446 ms vlib/encoding/csv/reader_test.v
sh: line 1: /tmp/guix-build-vlang-0.2.4.drv-0/v/test_session_1463470970505238/reader_test: No such file or directory
V panic: Failed to remove "/tmp/guix-build-vlang-0.2.4.drv-0/v/test_session_1463470970505238/reader_test": No such file or directory
v hash: 2533f06
                                                        |       0x6d8f96 | /tmp/guix-build-vlang-0.2.4.drv-0/source/v() 
                                                        |       0x6d8cbb | /tmp/guix-build-vlang-0.2.4.drv-0/source/v() 
                                                        |       0x6d83b6 | /tmp/guix-build-vlang-0.2.4.drv-0/source/v() 
                                                        |       0x6e31ee | /tmp/guix-build-vlang-0.2.4.drv-0/source/v() 
                                                        |       0x6f29e3 | /tmp/guix-build-vlang-0.2.4.drv-0/source/v() 
                                                        | 0x7ffff7df3bf7 | /gnu/store/zvlp3n8iwa1svxmwv4q22pv1pb1c9pjq-glibc-2.39/lib/libc.so.6(+0x29bf7) 
                                                        | 0x7ffff7df3cac | /gnu/store/zvlp3n8iwa1svxmwv4q22pv1pb1c9pjq-glibc-2.39/lib/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0x7c) 
                                                        |       0x402641 | /tmp/guix-build-vlang-0.2.4.drv-0/source/v()
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

I would *hope* version of ngtcp2 should have no effect on these errors.

Maybe I should just stop touching these two libraries unless necessary.
It seems I have picked somewhat fragile part of Guix to send patches
for. :/

Tomas

-- 
There are only two hard things in Computer Science:
cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.