Subject: bug#78671: 30.1.90; headlines in org quote blocks

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2025 18:45:25 +0300

> From: Christopher Howard <[email-masked]>
> Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2025 07:40:22 -0800
> 
> 
> 
> I recently tried wrapping some old fortran code in _QUOTE blocks, or also in _SRC blocks. This code uses the asterisk ("*") at the beginning of comment lines. I discovered that Org still tries these like header lines, even though they are in the blocks and, intuitively at least, should be treated differently. So they end up affecting the structure of the Org document. In a quick search through the Org info manual, I couldn't find an indication that I was required to do some kind of escaping on these characters inside wrapping blocks. Is this a flaw in the parsing system, or I did I miss something?
> 
> Example block:
> 
> #+BEGIN_SRC
> *----          GEAR UP/DOWN LOCK BUMPS                                  0200.000
> *                                                                       0201.000
>       IF(FBGULN .AND. .NOT. FB1GULN) TEMP = TEMP + TGULN                0202.000
>       IF(FBGULLB .AND. .NOT. FB1GULLB) TEMP = TEMP + TGULM              0203.000
>       IF(FBGULRB .AND. .NOT. FB1GULRB) TEMP = TEMP + TGULM              0204.000
> *                                                                       0205.000
>       IF(FBGDLN .AND. .NOT. FB1GDLN) TEMP = TEMP + TGDLN                0206.000
>       IF(FBGDLLB .AND. .NOT. FB1GDLLB) TEMP = TEMP + TGDLM              0207.000
>       IF(FBGDLRB .AND. .NOT. FB1GDLRB) TEMP = TEMP + TGDLM              0208.000
> #+END_SRC
> 
> The first "*----" is treating as normal test but the lines with just "*" at the beginning are treated headlines.

Thanks, but please report this to the Org developers first, as it
sounds Org-related.