Subject: Re: bug#78671: 30.1.90; headlines in org quote blocks

From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2025 17:48:36 +0200

>>>>> On Mon, 02 Jun 2025 07:40:22 -0800, Christopher Howard <[email-masked]> said:

    Christopher> I recently tried wrapping some old fortran code in _QUOTE blocks, or
    Christopher> also in _SRC blocks. This code uses the asterisk ("*") at the
    Christopher> beginning of comment lines. I discovered that Org still tries these
    Christopher> like header lines, even though they are in the blocks and, intuitively
    Christopher> at least, should be treated differently. So they end up affecting the
    Christopher> structure of the Org document. In a quick search through the Org info
    Christopher> manual, I couldn't find an indication that I was required to do some
    Christopher> kind of escaping on these characters inside wrapping blocks. Is this a
    Christopher> flaw in the parsing system, or I did I miss something?

(info "(org) Literal Examples") says

       There is one limitation, however.  You must insert a comma right
    before lines starting with either ‘*’, ‘,*’, ‘#+’ or ‘,#+’, as those may
    be interpreted as outlines nodes or some other special syntax.  Org
    transparently strips these additional commas whenever it accesses the
    contents of the block.

Robert
--