Subject: Re: 23.2.92; --fullscreen, --maximized

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 19:34:02 +0100

> Execute "runemacs --fullscreen" at a Windows command prompt. I would
>
> expect that Emacs would open filling the screen, more or less, apart
>
> from the taskbar, but it doesn't. The Emacs window is about 20% too
>
> short, it is the width of the full screen but hides under the taskbar
>
> (which I have along the right side) and the top left corner of the
>
> window is below and to the right of the top left corner of the screen.
>
> Replacing "--fullscreen" with "--maximized" behaves similarly and the
>
> window is certainly not maximized because I can still maximize it by
>
> clicking on the maximize button at the top right corner of the window.
>
> If I add "-q" or "-Q" to the command line then "--fullscreen" and
>
> "--maximized" both seem to be ignored completely, with one exception:
>
> "runemacs -q --fullscreen" and "runemacs -q --maximized" both cause the
>
> Emacs logo to be positioned at the right side of the window so that half
>
> of it is outside the window, instead of being centred.

Hi Francis

Sorry for not responding earlier but I had no idea whether --fullscreen
was supposed to work on Windows at all.  I recently made a number of
changes in this area and hopefully fixed this particular problem too.
So if you have a chance to access current master/trunk, please try it.

Thank you very much for the report, martin