Subject: bug#78664: 30.1.90 emacs+termux C-x C-d /sdcard/ arith-error

From: జిందం వాఐి <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2025 16:13:05 +0000

* installed emacs from termux
directory on sf.net

* -Q and --debug-init same error:
ls-lisp-insert-directory: Arithmetic error
* backtrace of: C-x C-d /sdcard/ (arith-error)

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (arith-error)
  ls-lisp-column-format(((#("#bcke.txt#" 0 10 ...) nil 1 "root" "everybody" (26658 53233 361289 738000) (26658 53233 361289 738000) (26658 54776 281288 634000) 7177 "-rw-rw----" t 143901 28) (#("2025-05.html" 0 12 ...) nil 1 "root" "everybody" (26676 11489 0 0) (26676 11489 985000 0) (26676 11489 981225 376000) 11728 "-rw-rw----" t 142154 28) (#("Alarms/" 0 6 ...) t 3 "root" "everybody" (26473 10883 546999 991000) (26684 26264 685804 698000) (26684 26264 685804 698000) 4096 "drwxrwx---" t 132075 28) (#("Android/" 0 7 ...) t 5 "root" "everybody" (26473 10878 896999 995000) (26655 3996 331438 188000) (26655 3996 331438 188000) 4096 "drwxrwx---" t 131886 28) (#("Backup/" 0 6 ...) t 2 "root" "everybody" (26585 43961 611369 987000) (26585 43961 651369 987000) (26585 43961 651369 987000) 4096 "drwxrwx---" t 140818 28) (#("Call/" 0 4 ...) t 2 "root" "everybody" (26474 32137 331240 987000) (26684 27865 931383 86000) (26684 27865 931383 86000) 4096 "drwxrwx---" t 133756 28) (#("Category_Articles_with_HTML_markup.html" 0 39 ...) nil 1 "root" "everybody" (26615 62656 171283 294000) (26615 62657 31283 293000) (26615 62796 631283 193000) 43668 "-rw-rw----" t 136013 28) (#("DCIM/" 0 4 ...) t 5 "root" "everybody" (26473 10883 576999 991000) (26531 41164 501221 586000) (26531 41164 501221 586000) 4096 "drwxrwx---" t 132081 28) (#("Download/" 0 8 ...) t 5 "root" "everybody" (26473 10883 576999 991000) (26681 47616 941412 871000) (26681 47616 941412 871000) 4096 "drwxrwx---" t 132080 28) (#("GROWTH_TEST/" 0 11 ...) t 2 "root" "everybody" (26473 15607 511362 623000) (26473 15607 511362 623000) (26473 15607 511362 623000) 4096 "drwxrwx---" t 132883 28) (#("Movies/" 0 6 ...) t 2 "root" "everybody" (26473 10883 566999 991000) (26473 10883 566999 991000) (26473 10883 566999 991000) 4096 "drwxrwx---" t 132051 28) (#("Music/" 0 5 ...) t 2 "root" "everybody" (26473 10883 526999 991000) (26473 10883 526999 991000) (26473 10883 526999 991000) 4096 "drwxrwx---" t 132067 28) (#("Notifications/" 0 13 ...) t 2 "root" "everybody" (26473 10883 546999 991000) (26473 10883 546999 991000) (26473 10883 546999 991000) 4096 "drwxrwx---" t 132078 28) (#("Pictures/" 0 8 ...) t 3 "root" "everybody" (26473 10883 566999 991000) (26473 30567 90999 736000) (26473 30567 90999 736000) 4096 "drwxrwx---" t 132079 28) (#("Podcasts/" 0 8 ...) t 2 "root" "everybody" (26473 10883 536999 991000) (26473 10883 536999 991000) (26473 10883 536999 991000) 4096 "drwxrwx---" t 132069 28) (#("Ringtones/" 0 9 ...) t 2 "root" "everybody" (26473 10883 536999 991000) (26473 10883 536999 991000) (26473 10883 536999 991000) 4096 "drwxrwx---" t 132074 28) (#("Samsung/" 0 7 ...) t 3 "root" "everybody" (24558 26171 679999 988000) (24558 26171 679999 988000) (26473 10874 116999 998000) 4096 "drwxrwx---" t 131716 28) (#("apk/" 0 3 ...) t 2 "root" "everybody" (26473 25003 621364 46000) (26683 39144 241281 860000) (26683 39144 241281 860000) 4096 "drwxrwx---" t 133728 28) (#("artif/" 0 5 ...) t 2 "root" "everybody" (26562 312 461223 687000) (26562 30191 111286 977000) (26562 30191 111286 977000) 4096 "drwxrwx---" t 133183 28) (#("bcke.txt" 0 8 ...) nil 1 "root" "everybody" (26651 62901 950991 61000) (26658 54891 261288 552000) (26658 54891 261288 552000) 5944 "-rw-rw----" t 138275 28) (#("ca.html" 0 7 ...) nil 1 "root" "everybody" (26632 61647 911422 546000) (26639 2560 221361 877000) (26639 2560 221361 877000) 6315 "-rw-rw----" t 146896 28) (#("calendar-index.html" 0 19 ...) nil 1 "root" "everybody" (26643 30198 111283 958000) (26643 30228 541283 936000) (26643 30228 541283 936000) 1263 "-rw-rw----" t 143822 28) (#("ccbys/" 0 5 ...) t 5 "root" "everybody" (26476 64016 841285 329000) (26679 55434 61506 465000) (26679 55434 61506 465000) 4096 "drwxrwx---" t 133272 28) (#("deeps.html" 0 10 ...) nil 1 "root" "everybody" (26673 51882 511364 495000) (26673 52046 201364 378000) (26673 52046 201364 378000) 5552881 "-rw-rw----" t 142275 28) (#("deeps.json" 0 10 ...) nil 1 "root" "everybody" (26673 33638 0 0) (4814 22696 0 0) (26673 33638 91360 86000) 6531714 "-rw-rw----" t 145273 28) (#("deepseek_converter.py" 0 21 ...) nil 1 "root" "everybody" (26673 35311 141276 492000) (26673 51873 861364 501000) (26673 51873 861364 501000) 8927 "-rw-rw----" t 143025 28) ...))
  ls-lisp-insert-directory("/sdcard/" (67 70) nil nil t)
  ls-lisp--insert-directory("/sdcard/" "-CF" nil t)
  insert-directory("/sdcard/" "-CF" nil t)
  list-directory("/sdcard/" nil)
  funcall-interactively(list-directory "/sdcard/" nil)
  call-interactively(list-directory nil nil)
  command-execute(list-directory)

In GNU Emacs 30.1.90 (build 1, armv7a-unknown-linux-android24) of
 2025-05-24 built on xeon
Repository revision: 1136aed6dc5f8a2b7fad78bcd5dcd7eeba863e14
Windowing system distributor 'samsung', version 28.0.0
System Description: samsung/j7veltedx/j7velte:9/PPR1.180610.011/J701FDDUACUG2:user/release-keys

Configured using:
 'configure --with-png=yes --with-webp=yes --with-gif=yes
 --with-jpeg=yes --with-xml2=yes --with-sqlite3=yes --with-gnutls=yes
 --with-tiff=yes --with-selinux=yes --with-modules=yes
 --with-tree-sitter=yes --with-imagemagick=no --with-lcms2=yes
 --with-mailutils= --with-pop=no-by-default --with-harfbuzz=yes
 --with-threads=yes --with-rsvg=yes --enable-check-lisp-object-type=
 'CFLAGS=-O2 -Werror=implicit-function-declaration''

Configured features:
GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG LIBSELINUX LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TREE_SITTER WEBP
ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Debugger

Minor modes in effect:
  midnight-mode: t
  global-display-line-numbers-mode: t
  display-line-numbers-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  modifier-bar-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config
gnus-util text-property-search mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils help-fns radix-tree cl-print
debug backtrace find-func cl-extra help-mode disp-table gnutls
network-stream puny nsm rcirc parse-time iso8601 auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs icons password-cache json map byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile ring time-date time-tracker
modus-operandi-tinted-theme modus-themes subr-x midnight cl-loaddefs
cl-lib display-line-numbers cus-load rmc iso-transl tooltip cus-start
cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel android-win term/common-win touch-screen ls-lisp
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq
simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button
loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads inotify
android multi-tty move-toolbar make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 165566 21700) (symbols 24 11271 0) (strings 16 27137 1150)
 (string-bytes 1 645860) (vectors 8 14099)
 (vector-slots 4 157391 14314) (floats 8 63 122) (intervals 28 2865 0)
 (buffers 576 15))

regards,
జిందం వాఐి [ jindam, vani ]

xarxa_ jivani.neocities.org
fasti_ jivani.neocities.org/fy-2025-26.html
[matrix]_ @jindam:catgirl.cloud

p.s. caution: slowly merging everything
        into single identity!